- Huawei Set to Overtake Apple and iPhone in the Smartphone Market CCN
- Global production drop could help Huawei to become the world\'s second largest smartphone maker Notebookcheck.net
- Smartphone production decline may allow Huawei to overtake Apple to become world's second largest smartphone brand ZDNet
- Are Chinese smartphone brands widely recognised in the US? South China Morning Post
- How much do Americans know about Chinese smartphone brands? South China Morning Post
- View full coverage on Google News
There’s more bad news for Apple. After falling sales and production cuts, TrendForce predicts Huawei mobiles could now outperform the iPhone. Leading smartphone brands are reacting to falling consumer demand by cutting output. Global production is expected to be 1.41 billion units this year, falling 3.3% compared to 2018. TrendForce says the impact of trade
Although it might struggle in some markets like India — where it lost the crown to Xiaomi — Samsung remains the leader of the global smartphone market. On the other hand, the smartphone production drop of 3.3 percent expected for 2019 could help Chinese brand Huawei to finally beat Apple and to become the world's second smartphone maker.
Samsung is still expected to retain the top spot, but Huawei could top Apple to become the world's second largest smartphone brand.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for free here: https://sc.mp/subscribe-youtube The South China Morning Post's tech reporters Li Tao and Sarah Dai headed out...
Our reporters ask holidaymakers on the Las Vegas Strip whether they would consider buying a Chinese smartphone